A New Attitude for the New Year



New Year's has always been one of my favorite days. That is because it gives me a recurring moment to begin, recommit to, or drop things from my life. That is an attitude goal that I often fail to keep active due to the rigors of life, but New Year's Day lets me return to the "default" setting and begin again, at least in terms of attitude.


This idea of returning our attitude to the "default" mode is evident in the Bible. The Apostle Paul wrote, 

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you; however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.  --Philippians 3:12-16, NASB 1995

Only God knows what will happen in this New Year, and he will let us know the right attitude to have in response. So, let us forget what lies behind us and press on toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

I pray we all have a Happy, Blessed, and Best New Year. Now go and let it happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Meaning of Metanoia Praxis, Part Two

Choose Carefully Whom You Will Serve